Banner

Monday 2 February 2015

Crafting in chaos

Just a notes on some of the creating that's going on here lately.  My blog posts have been about all sorts of things, but there hasn't been much evidence of what we're up to.


Well, we're still waiting for that longed for call from the estate agents in Scotland.  It would be great to even have a viewing - nobody's going anywhere near the place!  We're confident that the details are great, the photos are good, the price is right, and the estate agents work their socks off, we just don't seem to have the right people for our property yet.  I'm sure that they'll be along eventually, and then it will all fall into place.


In the meantime, we're not looking at properties here.  We're aware of them, but aren't looking any closer than internet details, because we don't want to fall in love with a property only for it to disappear before we've sold.  C is very happy at school, his topics this half term are Space and Fantasy, and it's his class assembly on Friday, so apart from the space song I've been practising with him at home, I can't wait to see what else he's been up to.  Today he told me he'd made a model of his own fantasy land, with a fizzy lake and bouncy lily pads.  Bug is going to be four in less than three weeks now, and is forthright, decisive, stubborn and argumentative, but also loving, kind, imaginative, clever and helpful.  It's a heady combination which leads one from cuddles to tears and tantrums, arguing and back to cuddles with alarming speed.  She is fast outgrowing pre-school and is ready to make the leap to school.  I'm having to make sure that as well as keeping her well rested on the days that she isn't at pre-school, I keep her well stimulated as well, and give her plenty of time to embrace her creativity and imagination.

Here are a few of the things we've been making this week:


Mum gave me this gorgeous clay snowman at Christmas, so I've painted him ready for next year - he might end up gracing the cake!

This map box was a bit of an experiment.  I love the result, so it will go on my craft stall, and I'll also make some more to sell in the future.



My first craft sale will be just before Mother's Day, so I've made a few potential gifts to tap into that market.  Three are these free standing wooden "I Love Mummy" mantlepiece ornaments, the others are for hanging, but they aren't quite finished yet.





This is a bit of an experiment in progress.  If it turns out okay I might show you the final result in the next couple of weeks and see if you recognise it!

This milk bottle is going to be a dog penny-box (I know - it's a blue dog - it's Bug's!)

C spent his pocket money on this sailing ship model on Saturday - so I spent most of Sunday afternoon putting it together.  I was supposed to be helping him, but he lost interest quite quickly!  He's going to paint it though, watch this space for a picture of the finished article in a couple of weeks.


What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment