Banner

Monday 15 April 2013

My Makes - What am I crafting just now?

I've got two projects on the go at the moment.  The first is a knitting journey.  I started knitting when C was a bump, working up from squares to make a blanket, to a soft toy, and then on to other soft toys and a jumper so far.  I've never made anything adult sized.  So here we are.  This is "Wendy Aran Classics Book 312", and the sleeveless variety of Design 9, shown below.
I chose this heathery purple colour of Wendy Aran (£9.99 for 400g).
 
 I'm hoping to finish the back this week.  I'm pretty proud of it so far, and can't wait to wear it.  That's right - It's for me!
 The other project I've made a start on is this cross stitch.  I think I've had it for about 15 years just cluttered away in a drawer, so it was about time I started.  It's Candamar Designs, Mary Baxter St. Clair, Garden of Dreams - 50917.  It includes sparkly threads, metallic gold and beads.  It's the first time I've used a printed background for cross-stitch, and the pattern design is not in the grid format, but a vague wobble, so you have to use your intuition and the background colours to guide you on where to place your stitch.  It's a little odd.  I've nearly finished her hair, but am going to leave it for a week now to concentrate on the knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment