Banner

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Quick and easy activities for toddlers - cave /den

The trip to Wales went well, more on that later in the week.  I hardly took any photos, so I'll wait for Hubby to pass his on (he must have been reading my mind, he's just passed them to me on a memory stick!), and post about that another day.

In the meantime, here's another simple activity that keeps the toddlers happy for at least half an hour.  I used one of those A-shaped clothes airers, but you can use cushions, cardboard boxes or even a table.  Drape with blankets, towels or sheets, fill with cushions and you have a den or a cave.  
My two had loads of fun with this, and C has asked me to build him a cave on several occasions since (I usually comply!).  They play peek-a-boo in and out of the cave, C makes doors and windows, we've read stories in it, had our snack in it and all sorts.  This is one of those super-easy to set up activities that the children love.

No comments:

Post a Comment