Banner

Sunday 25 September 2011

Ten Task Challenge

I've been going easy on myself for too long now.  I'm a "to do" list fiend.  I used to have a list of things to do, and I used to get stuff done.  Then I had Little C and had to make a change.  I read somewhere that with a small baby you should make your top ten list of things to do, then cross off nine of them and be proud of yourself if you manage one.  I did that for a while and then gradually, as he became more independent, increased my list again, and was succeeding in getting things done.  Then I had Little Sis.  With two little ones I had to pull back my expectations of what I could manage again.  Then Post-Natal Depression hit, and low self esteem, low confidence and generally feeling terrible - I really had to go easy on myself.  Now I'm feeling fine.  The anti-depressants have really done their stuff, and I'm now (touch wood) successfully reducing the daily dose.  Now I just feel that I need to be achieving things again.
Image of slothfulness from guardian.co.uk (Guardian Newspapers)

So I'm ready for my lists again.  Bring on the Ten Task Challenge.  I will have a laminated card with ten spaces on.  In each space I will write ten tasks every day.  Some of them will be activities to do with the children, some will be housework tasks, and others will be fixed appointments, crafty things to do and so on.  I've got two little children so I've got to be realistic and not beat myself up if I don't achieve my ten tasks, but if I do, then I give myself a gold star in my diary and feel good.  I start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment