Banner

Monday 29 August 2011

Birthday present inspiration

What to get for a two year old little girl?  It might sound easy... but she has an elder brother and between them they have all the toys.  I thought I'd done well with a tea set made from recycled plastic for Christmas, but the next time I visited it turned out they have about three tea sets.  The only things they don't have so much of are the "girly" things (which she's really in to) such as handbags and purses, dolls and dolly things.  Thing is, I'm not so much in to the girly thing.  Especially since it's all pretty much pink.


So I decided to get creative.  It's also so much nicer when you know that  you're giving a gift which they definitely won't already have and which can't be bought anywhere.


I searched for "wooden box" on Amazon and bought this oneXXL EXTRA LARGE TREASURE CHEST PLAIN WOODEN BOX WOOD KEEPSAKE MEMORY GIFT BOX DECOUPAGE CRAFT ART
I then printed out some flower borders and some butterflies from the internet and made some lettering using WordArt.  I cut these bits out and stuck them on to the box using PVA glue, and then added some details and also some swirly patterns with glitter glue.  Mine were from Tesco and cost £1



The finished result looks like this:
(you can see the recipient looks well unimpressed - oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment