Banner

Monday 27 June 2011

My aims this week...

I'm feeling pretty good because it's Monday evening and I've already managed to complete two of the three jobs that I set myself this week!  Also I think it's fair to say that I'm also feeling pretty good because following my diagnosis with post-natal depression and anti-depressant prescription, the medication has kicked in and I'm back to feeling positive and bouncy - you have no idea how much I've missed myself.


Anyway, here are the three jobs:

  1. mow the lawns - we have quite a bit of lawn, and after a fortnight on holiday things were looking somewhat jungle-ish out there.
  2. Jet wash the patio - what a difference this job makes - clearing in between all the cracks in between the brick paving and dislodging bits of pine needle, moss and weeds, weeds, weeds.  I'll actually be able to sit out in the garden without feeling compelled to pick weeds from the patio.
  3. Move mountains... of laundry.  Yes, the laundry basket was already full before we went away, add to that two weeks of holiday laundry, plus it's raining so I can only wash things as fast as I can dry them on airers around the house.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of a washing and ironing pile.
It's fair to say that I'm pretty tempted to add things to my list since I'm doing so well (I've done the first two!), but that wouldn't be fair on myself, and self-esteem has been a bit fragile of late, so I'm sticking with the three, celebrating if I achieve them all, and anything else (aside from looking after the children) is a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Wow i read your blog, its really amazing and something different from others, you have done a nice work thanks. Carry on
    Motorcycle helmet

    ReplyDelete