Banner

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Chocolate Brownies

Today's recipe:


Ingredients

  • 225g dark chocolate
  • 175g butter
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 75g plain flour
  • 55g cocoa powder



Method

  • Preheat the oven to 160C and line a 20x30cm baking tray with foil.
  • Break the chocolate up into bits and melt with the butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.  I actually melt mine in the microwave which seems to be just as effective.
  • Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
  • Stir the chocolate and butter mixture into the sugar and egg mix.
  • Sift the flour and cocoa powder mix in and stir well.
  • Pour into your lined tray, smooth the top and bake for 20-30 minutes. 
  • Allow to cool for a while and then cut into squares - should still be slightly squidgy.
  • Enjoy!



Little C had a morning out with daddy on the bike today allowing me to go shopping and have lunch out with Daisy without needing to entertain a toddler or rush back for nap time.  Once home I popped Daisy in her bed (which unusually she did not protest!) and spent some time with Little C.  He wasn't sure that he fancied baking, but as I got the ingredients out he got more and more curious until he actually started to climb into his highchair.  I did very little of the mixing - he's getting really good at it.  Big C couldn't believe the sight of Little C trying to "break up the chocolate" by eating it!  I also did very little of the bowl licking - every time I tried to get some Little C made claim to it - c'est la vie - he's gone to bed now so I can have as many brownies as I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment