Banner

Sunday 3 July 2016

Interview with C - aged almost 7.

Two years ago I wrote two blog posts where I interviewed C and Bug.  Their answers were both entertaining and enlightening and told me a bit about them as little people.  Two years on I repeated the interviews to see how their answers had changed, and this time I recorded them!  Here is C's interview this time around:



First of all, it's worth noting that this was my third attempt at getting C to come and talk to me in front of the webcam.  In the end I told him that I gave up and would get his sister to do her interview first, and that seemed to prompt him to get on and give it a go!

Hello C.
Hello.
How are you?
Nice
How old are you?
6
When's your birthday?
seventeen days.
Tell me about your school.
My teacher is called Miss Dawson.
Do you like school?
Yes
What do you like at school.  What's your favourite thing?
RE
What's your favourite thing at playtime?
Playing.
Uh huh!  Who with, and what with?  Who do you play with?
Faith
What do you play?
Skipping.
And why is RE your favourite subject.
'Cos I like all the gods in the stories.
What's your favourite thing to do at home?  Think about all your toys.  What's your favourite ones?  ... model railway? Lego? 
 Lego.
Do you like it outside?  
Yes
Why?
Because I like riding on my bike.

Tell me what you think about your sister.   
She's funny.  
Why?  
Because she tells me jokes.  Does she?  Are you sure?  She is funny.
What about the rest of your family?  
They're nice.
And now some quick questions:
Favourite colour?  Purple
Favourite toy?  My Lego.
Favourite clothes?  What does that mean?  Which ones are your favourite clothes, what do you like wearing the most?  Beaver Uniform?  Shorts and T-shirt?  All of them.
Favourite toy?
My Lego.
Favourite story or book?  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and my favourite author is Roald Dahl.
Favourite song?  My Old Man's a Dustman.
Favourite thing on TV?  Top Gear.
Thank you very much C, do you have any questions for me?  Umm no.  Thank you for doing this interview.
Ta Ra.  
Do pop back in the next week or so to see the interview with Bug.  She's a very different character, as you'll see very clearly from her answers and her confidence in front of the camera.  For a start it will take me about three times as long to type up the transcript of her interview because she talks a lot more than C!

No comments:

Post a Comment