Banner

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Where I've been

Firstly, apologies for my long absence.

I spent a week in North Yorkshire where the children and I were "support crew" for mum as she completed the second week of Wainwright's Coast to Coast.  The weather for her was awful!  I was sorry not to have been able to walk more of it with her (if not all of it), but that's the way when you have two small children.  Four out of the five days we were there with her were 19 mile days, so there was no way I was going to slow her down with a couple of toddlers.  Instead we made her some sandwiches, made sure that her bed was made at the hostels, and made sure that she had an evening meal.  And of course were there to celebrate with her when she finished two weeks of awful weather walking.

After that we went to Stoke-on-Trent for a family weekend celebrating my father-in-law's 80th birthday with a trip on the Churnet Valley Railway and a dinner out





Back home for a couple of days and a Scout AGM.

In the caravan and off to:
- Bewdley in the West Midlands for a couple of days and a visit to the West Midland Safari Park.
- Pembrokeshire for a week and a half of glorious weather for beaches, castles, woodland walks and fun.

- Devon for a couple of days to celebrate my mum's 60th birthday!

Since then I've been tackling the overgrown lawn (broken the lawnmower), and garden, and gradually working my way through the laundry mountain that is the result of two weeks away with little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment