Banner

Monday 7 January 2013

Slings and things...

Hello and Happy New Year!

I'm back and full of resolve for the coming year.  I WILL make some money through creative endeavours.  Even if it's only a little bit, enough to pay for a holiday.  It would be enough... to take some of the pressure off Hubby and to convince me that I can make "proper" money this way in the future when the little ones head off to school.

Now... before Christmas I tantalised and teased you by telling you that I was being creative, but not giving any further information because I didn't want to spoil the surprise for gift recipients.  Here are some of the things that I made:

First up, for a six-month-old baby nephew - I made a cross-stitch of his name and date of birth and framed it for his bedroom.  I haven't shown the finished item here as I don't want anybody stealing his identity!

For Bug, for her main present from Santa I spent many many many hours sewing this house.  I know, it doesn't look fantastic, but I practised all sorts of techniques in the making.  It's a Goldilocks and Three Bears house bag, complete with quilting and embroidery all over.
 The roof opens, and inside is a story book, three hand made felt bears with clothes, a little Goldilocks, a wooden spoon and a bowl of papier-mache porridge so that we can re-enact the story when we tell it.  I'm delighted and relieved to say that both she and C love it.


I also made three dolls slings and three hairbands, one each for my two nieces and for Bug.  
 I worked hard on the packaging and branding too - looking to how I might sell things in the future, and was delighted with how they looked in the end.
 
 Bug is still a bit small to wear the sling or hairband for long, but she was pretty pleased with them on Christmas morning.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete