Banner

Saturday 19 May 2012

Our topic in April was... my body

So it's well over half way through May, and I'm only just getting around to this.  I was sick for a week, and recovered just in time for my sister-in-law to visit for a week.  So the last few days I've pretty much just been trying to catch up with a huge back-log of tasks and the blog has been sadly low on the priority list.

We try to go with a loose topic each month, and do things to fit in with it.  It keeps my imagination fresh and gets us doing lots of different things.  Here are some of the things we did for "My Body"
  • We sang "One finger, one thumb", and "Heads, shoulders, knees and toes".
  • We did some cutting and sticking with pictures of faces from magazines.
  • We painted our face.
  • We drew self portraits.
  • We did the "Fitness and fun for me and Mum" DVD that my mum gave me.

  •  we made paper chain people


  • we went to the dentist and the health centre
  • we drew around our hands and feet

  • the children lay down on big sheets of paper and we drew around our bodies
  • we started trying to teach Bug to point to her nose / toes etc.


  • we made plaster casts of our hand prints - this was a bit of an experiment which didn't work out well. We'll try it again another time using a different method
  • we talked about the different parts of our body

  • we made pipe-cleaner people

  • we borrowed a book about skeletons from the library
  • we started potty training C

No comments:

Post a Comment