Banner

Sunday 26 February 2012

A few little successes.

A few little successes make all the difference to your state of mind.  


On Friday night I finally finished Molly Dolly (1st Birthday present for Sis) and last night I finally finished the dress also:


Yesterday C and I made the birthday cake (it sunk a little on removal from the oven, but hey, you can't have everything!  We decorated it together this morning - he helped beat the buttercream, painted the cake with heated apricot jam, helped roll out the marzipan and the icing, and mixed in the food colouring... and licked the spoon.  It looks very "Mel" - which means very obviously home-made and not all that good, but I don't care because it went down well, we made it ourselves and it tasted yummy:


This afternoon we had a little  first birthday party.  Four little friends and their Mummies and Daddies, they played with the dressing up box, then we did some painting with glitter paints on canvas (something for them to take home - I don't do party bags), and then we ate!  Can't go wrong:


And based on those three little successes, I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment