- 225g dark chocolate
- 175g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a 20x30cm baking tray with foil.
- Break the chocolate up into bits and melt with the butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. I actually melt mine in the microwave which seems to be just as effective.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Stir the chocolate and butter mixture into the sugar and egg mix.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder mix in and stir well.
- Pour into your lined tray, smooth the top and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a while and then cut into squares - should still be slightly squidgy.
Little C had a morning out with daddy on the bike today allowing me to go shopping and have lunch out with Daisy without needing to entertain a toddler or rush back for nap time. Once home I popped Daisy in her bed (which unusually she did not protest!) and spent some time with Little C. He wasn't sure that he fancied baking, but as I got the ingredients out he got more and more curious until he actually started to climb into his highchair. I did very little of the mixing - he's getting really good at it. Big C couldn't believe the sight of Little C trying to "break up the chocolate" by eating it! I also did very little of the bowl licking - every time I tried to get some Little C made claim to it - c'est la vie - he's gone to bed now so I can have as many brownies as I like!