Banner

Wednesday 12 October 2011

"How to be Free" by Tom Hodgkinson - Book Review

This book is very interesting.  I love Tom Hodgkinson's other book, "The Idle Parent" (a must-read for any parent).  

While I love many of the ideas and tips in this book, I found his ranting against Protestantism, Puritanism and Henry VIII a little off-putting.  He basically blames them for all the ills of society.  While there were many great things about Catholicism and the Medieval times, there were also many ills, and I don't think they are quite the balm that they are represented as.


However... I love the principles that make up the backbone of this book, the hints and tips which will ultimately make us happier people.  Watch this space, as I think I'll make a series of blog posts exploring the principles one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment