Banner

Friday 14 January 2011

A flurry of winter

I don't want to write much today as I'm feeling a little blue.  


I hate to be negative, especially about what is supposed to be such a magical experience.  But I admit it.  I find pregnancy something of a struggle.  


This time I'm finding it even harder than last time, and I look at the next seven and a half weeks before my due date stretching before me and sigh.  That's seven and a half weeks of struggling to get up the stairs; of waking at 5 in the morning to go to the loo for the second time in the night, and not being able to go back to sleep because my pelvis and hips hurt; of not being able to crawl around on the floor with my 18 month old, or carry him very far.



I started to wonder whether it's all in my head, whether I am finding it hard because I'm allowing myself to.  I think of the rest of womankind, who are still working full time, raising the other children, carrying water for 2 miles every day, working in the fields - without complaint.  So I decide to just get on with life, to make sure to take Little C swimming, to take the waggy-tailed one for a walk, to get off my whale-sized rear (and what is it with all the people who tell me I look small for seven months?  I promise you, I don't feel small!) and get the housework done.


Then I have to sit down for an hour because the Braxton Hicks contractions are back with a vengeance, and yes they really do hurt!  Or I just run out of puff and need a sit down for a cuddle and looking at books with Little C for half an hour.


So is it just me? 


By the way, after a couple of days more snow (another couple of inches) we seem to be nearing the end of this batch.  A lot of rain and some milder air means that this morning we can actually see grass on our front lawn for the first time since the end of November!  Now I'm preparing myself for an epic dog-poo hunt in the back garden to find the poos in the various layers of snow and ice as it melts - without standing in any that are still hidden under the snow - yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment