Banner

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Rock Buns

Little C and I made rock buns together.  I'd let you have a taste, but I'm afraid that there aren't any left - a combination of Little C, Big C and me, well... they didn't last all that long.  I was brave enough to offer one to a guest though, even though I did feel the need to warn them that a toddler had had his paws in the mixture all the way through the process.  Actually, I didn't mind him grabbing at the margarine and raisins/sultanas all covered in flour, but I was a teensy bit concerned at munching on the mixture once I'd added the egg.  I decided though that I had licked out enough baking bowls and spoons in my childhood, many with raw egg in, and I'm pretty sure I came out OK at the end of it - debatable I know!



Here's the recipe for the rock buns:


Ingredients - 200g self raising flour, 100g margarine, 100g sultanas or raisins or currants (whatever you have), 100g caster sugar, 1 egg, 30ml milk.

  1. Rub the flour and margarine together.
  2. Stir in the sugar and fruit and then the egg.
  3. Add the milk a little at a time until the mixture sticks together and is a little soggy.
  4. Spoon the mixture in heaps on a baking tray (I needed 2 trays) and bake for 20-25 minutes at 160 degrees C.
As you can see licking the bowl was a very important part of the process!

Afterwards he also stood on his little steps and "helped" with the washing up.  The floor was underwater, but he thoroughly enjoyed that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment